Sunday, April 17, 2005

Fifty Word Fiction, Parts IX and X

All right, all right. I should just call this "Hundred Word Fiction". Maybe then I would move on to two hundred words a shot. But I find a certain challenge in making sure that every fifty words could, theoretically, stand alone. And since it seems no one's reading this, I can really do what I want. Including posting two sets of fifty words at once. So here they are.

She was afraid to go back to her apartment - afraid that she'd lose her nerve to just run away. There wasn't all that much there that she would miss. It might be nice to buy a whole new wardrobe. But a responsible adult has to remember things like turning off utilities.

She wanted to be impulsive this once. Treat herself royally. If she didn't do it, no one else was likely to. She didn't want to behave like a responsible adult. What would happen if she just left? Couldn't she call to turn off the utilities from wherever she ended up?

2 comments:

Rick Northup said...

Lia, You are too hard on yourself. My Son and I Love you and your fifty word fictions. He even copies them and posts them on his own Blog. Now isn't that enough adoration to prove you are loved?? I think I am correct. So ends another fifty word Comment.

Lia said...

Thanks for coming / welcome back! My stats have been recording no visitors, so I was getting a little bit depressed. Not all that much, since I enjoy writing them for myself. But it's nice to know that you are enjoying. And I really like your fifty word comment.