Thursday, September 29, 2005

Not Technically Poetry

I couldn't resist. This probably belongs on the main blog, but I have a serious post up today, and I don't want to overshadow it with humor.

Here are a select few of the Washington Post's Style Invitational winners. The point is to alter any word by one letter and write a new definition. These are typed exactly as they appear, so I take no credit for punctuation or anything else.

Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Inoculatte (v): To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

Karmageddon (n): It's like, when everybody is send off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.

Glibido (n): All talk and no action.

Dopeler effect (n): The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Caterpallor (n): The color you turn after finding half a grub in the fruit you're eating.

Ignoranus (n): A person who's both stupid and an *******.

3 comments:

Bill C said...

Oh, yeah. These are great, thanks!

Amstaff Mom said...

Just found your site, I didn't even realize you had another one.

Those are GREAT.

Lia said...

Lou - Always good to laugh!

Jam - These were the ones I liked best. Hmmm, I wonder if there are more on the WP website, whatever it is. I must look into this.

AM - Just check the sidebar. It's on the side. Well, now that you've been here once, feel free to stop in again. But this site isn't updated as often as it probably should be. As whim strikes, I write.

Hulabelly - Yeah, I liked sarchasm too. Of course, I've been on both ends of the chasm, so it's singularly appropriate for me.

Anytime, people! If anything else comes up that sounds interesting, I'll keep you informed.